Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

It's the little things

I'm at a point in my sketchbook where I still have a few pages to fill but not enough to take it with me on a trip anymore.

Call me obsessive, but I don't like to have a few pages about the same trip spread over several sketchbooks.

So I'm slowly filling it with drawings of various little things from everyday life, trying out compositions, colours, techniques.

Wonky contour drawing and play with writing...

The wonkiness makes it fun
...illustrating a quote from Fabio Consoli from Sketchbook Skool...

Quote Fabio Consoli, SketchbookSkool
Who doesn't like a good plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce?
...keeping a memento of delicious treats from Strasbourg.

Oranges et pain epices
I'll have to bring more next time.
It's the little things that fill the sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment